Sunday, November 30, 2014

Advent Book Tree!



There was this blank space as you walk into my kitchen on the side of the cabinet.  It bothered me because I felt it needed something.
I had a box of Christmas books we've collected over the years.
I put the two together and made my Advent Book Tree.



Tree is made with 12x12 green scrapbook paper cut in half for the bottom three tiers,
 quartered for the top.  Star out of yellow paper scraps.


All the glitter paper!!  Alternating back and forth with red and green.  I made numbered ornaments.


I didn't want to wrap the books so I found a thin box. 
Placed a holiday sheet of scrapbook paper on the lid.
With a removable glue dot attached the first ornament.
Each day as we read the book the ornament can be added to the tree.


The big box of books!!


I'm really excited to read a new book each night and as they find favorites I can make a note for next year.

Happy Reading!!  Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment